Well, here we are! It is SO amazing to me. We've been married 7 YEARS!!! I remember when we chose the day 7-27-2007, thinking about our 7 year anniversary, and wondering where we'd be then. It must've been all the 7's.. why I chose our 7th anniversary.. I can't even remember what hopes and aspirations I was dreaming up, I only remember thinking that was REALLY far away. And though our wedding day does feel like forever ago, it has really just flown by.
In the past 7 years we've...
-had 8 job changes
-lived through hair school
-had 1 cat
-2 kids
-gone on 3 cruises
-visited Harry Potter Land
-New York
-Cancun
-Tulum
-Spokane
-Vegas
-and Disneyland
-traveled to 3 different countries and multiple different states for work
-remodeled every room in our house at least once, some up to 3 times!
-we've taken dance lessons
-swam with dolphins
-had bouncy water slides
-we've gone scuba diving
-parasailing
-four wheeling
-snow mobiling
-river tubing
-ziplining
-and watched over 80 BYU football games
-we've met Sara Bareilles and watched her perform live in concert
-ran into Josh Groban, Shaq, and Aaron Carter in real life
-we've had the same two cars
-the same house
-and the same silly bed side lamps since we've been married
-we replanted our lawn
-and put in a backyard sprinkling system
-2 ER visits
-1 major car accident
-we enjoy home made nachos
-green smoothies
-movie theaters
-and Nickelmania
-but our absolute favorite thing is just being together. Whether it's playing cards, watching tv, taking walks, or anything else listed above, it's always better when we're together. (Dude!! That would be such a catchy song!... ;))
Having a 2 month old around we wanted to celebrate it, but wanted to be super flexible in case he ended up not being a super happy baby, or he just needed us, and with a new baby, that's pretty much different day to day. For Christmas, Brandon got me the best tickets we've had yet to see Wicked while it was here in Salt Lake, on July 26th! So we decided to plan our day around that. As the day approached we felt Harvey would do pretty good overnight with his grandparents and Scarlet had been begging for weeks to have a sleep over with grandma and grandpa so when they were willing, we were super excited to take advantage, and decided to book a room at the Anniversary Inn. The day of the show we decided to drop the kids off at nap time and head over to City Creek to do some kids-free shopping! I know.. so exciting! Haha! But really!!! It was SO much fun!!! We parked down by Nordstroms and on our way out we saw Tiffany's and we thought that might be a fun place to start our window shopping adventure. That place is so gorgeous inside! And we were graciously greeted by so many sweet people! It was probably rude to even go in, because we really had no intention of buying anything, we just wanted to see what all the hype was about. All of the sudden I realized I was trying on some really beautiful necklaces, and Brandon saw one he knew I would like (I'd kinda been searching for the perfect everyday necklace for a few years since my last one broke) and when I tried it on, it was just, oh, so perfect. It was SO exciting!!! It's a simple little necklace that says love, which couldn't have been more fitting for the day as well! It was just absolutely perfect!
After that surprise I was on cloud 9 to say the least! It set such a fun tone for the rest of day! After hitting up a couple of our favorites, we decided to have an early dinner so we didn't feel rushed getting to the theater for the show. We decided to head over to Gateway for some Happy Sumo. We had, SO much fun, despite our less then stellar waitress, and were SUPER satisfied with the delicious sushi and meal we shared. SO good! Also, SO random that we'd even go to a sushi place, we've evolved so much! Haha! Don't get me wrong, I don't think either one of us still has any desire to enjoy the awful huge slabs of raw fish rolls, but the Vegas Roll and Mango Roll.. mmmm! More then amazing!
Wicked. Was. AWESOME!!! It was kinda funny because there was a random acquaintance we ran into at Lush while we were shopping around, and we mentioned we were going to be seeing Wicked later that night, and he kinda apologized saying he'd heard it really wasn't that great. In hindsight that may have helped add to the incredibleness that was about to take place, it created some good bar setting conversation, because over the next couple of hours we talked about how there was no way it couldn't beat NY's version anyway, and it's just going to be fun to see it. So when we were sitting there, during Elphaba's opening number, The Wizard and I, just being ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY, it just felt amazingly surreal! It was absolutely, hands down, the best rendition of that song we'd ever heard!! She was just SO incredible, and her voice was so pure, it was just breathtakingly, bone-chillingly, soul-peicingly, incredible. It was definitely amazing, and sitting 13 ROWS from the stage made it even more amazing.
It really was an absolutely perfect anniversary celebration. There was no better way to kick off our 7th year, which we're repeatedly being told is the hardest year yet.. haha! Well, whether or not that proves to be true, one thing IS certain. And that's everyday, since the day we blindly took that first step in this crazy adventure together, I've realized more and more how I married nothing less then the husband, dad, and best friend of my dreams.
I love you babe!! You're my sobre todo.





2 comments:
if it helps...you already completed your 7th year! so...you did it! this year will be even better...happy anniversary!!!
Happy Anniversary!! You two are so cute. Thanks for including Spokane in the list - not your most exciting destination, but we were so happy you came. Also, there's already a song with those lyrics - Jack Johnson's Better Together. �� Great minds think alike.
Post a Comment