Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween

Having a very opinionated, head-strong 3-year-old leaves me very conscious that I need to pick my battles!! Also, having a momma that's super bad at decisions I figure it's best to give her the opportunity to choose as many things as I can, for both practice and so that she doesn't get too angry for the things I choose for her. One of those things is her Halloween costume! Since we were going to be going to Mickey's Halloween Party this year too, I thought a Disney themed costume would be pretty fun and with Harvey just happy to be along for the ride, I knew I needed to capitalize now on the themed costumes!

Scar's a HUGE princess fan, so I figured she'd be really excited to be one of those, and after a lot of brainstorming and looking at a whole bunch of different pictures her top contenders were-

Rapunzel / Pascal
Aurora / ..?..
&
Jasmine / Raja

Secretly, I was trying to get her excited about Dorothy, so we could be a little Wizard of Oz family, or Little Red Riding Hood, and our little family could have covered that whole cast too! But.. she wasn't having any of that, and since I couldn't think of a baby boy costume to go with Aurora I was hyping up Jasmine and Rapunzel like crazy, and after buying Aladdin on DVD so Scarlet could watch it and learn who Jasmine really was she was convinced! She HAD to be Jasmine!!

Pretty perfect choice if you ask me!! Have you ever seen a more beautiful Jasmine!?
And this baby Raja!! (Her pet tiger) I mean.. come on!! 
She was so excited to have Harvey be her pet tiger! It was just so cute! In Disneyland people kept saying what a cute little Tigger he was and she would always try to correct people. "No, Harvey is my pet tiger!! Raaaaa-jaaa." And when she was in costume she preferred being called Jasmine. "Mom, I'm Jasmine! I know I'm Scarlet, but I'm pretending to be Jasmine, so call me Jasmine okay!" Such a funny little girl.
Brandon was so awesome and thought we should dress up as Voldemort and Bellatrix this year!! Best. Husband. EVER!! :)
I just love this little family of mine!!!
"Scary Daddy!!" Haha!
A fun little tradition we have is starting our little Halloween route at Brandon's parent's house with the rest of his family and enjoy some absolutely incredible, homemade, chicken noodle soup together! It's so much fun to see each other in these fun costumes!
Halloween was SUCH a beautiful night this year!!! And while we were out trick-or-treating we ran into some of our very favorite people! Scarlet was SO excited to hit some houses with her good friend Vanessa, and we super enjoyed Kacey's company as well! Such a fun night!!
And if the night couldn't get any better!! Look at that haul!! 
Thanks so much all of our wonderful neighbors and friends that made this another amazingly perfect Halloween!

No comments: