Harvey was blessed in the same outfit his Daddy was blessed in that Debbie, his mom, had made for him over 30 years ago!! So happily, luckily, and gratefully it actually fit our little bruiser!! Brandon was born 6 weeks prematurely, weighing 5 pounds 7 ounces, and was blessed I guess a little over 3 months after he was born. Even though our little Harvey was a week early, and blessed just shy of his 2 month mark, he still had a good 4.5 pound head start! I'm sure it fit him a little more snuggly then it originally fit Brandon, but after a few alterations from the original seamstress we were super excited that it did in fact FIT!! So we HAD to use it. I think it looked pretty dang cute!! His sweet grandma also crocheted those darling booties!! She's so talented.
Like I mentioned earlier, we felt so blessed by all the love and support that was so apparent that day.
His blessing day refreshments made up of a yummy crepe and yogurt bar and cinnamon rolls. It was so wonderful to have SO much help from BOTH Harvey's grandmas the night before making all of those tasty crepes and prepping the house, so that there was no need to do anything during the get together! Just relax and enjoy this perfect day stress-free! I don't know what I'd do without those amazing ladies!!
Though it couldn't have turned out better for me, Scarlet was struggling a little that day, I think all the extra attention on baby brother was a little rough, and she's never really sure how to handle so many people in her space. Luckily, she had cousin Brody to brave the unBELIEVABLE heat with and keep her company outside. Could those two be any cuter!? (and yes.. that is a blanket on her lap in 100+ heat!! Silly girl..)
What an unbelievably perfect day, filled with so many wonderful people!! It's days like these that help you really realize what Heavenly Father meant by finding joy and rejoicing in your posterity. SO many reasons to be grateful and feel so close to heaven on a day like today.
We love you Harvey!!




.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment