Monday, March 3, 2014

My Favorite Nerdy is Officially 30!!

The man of my dreams, the hottie of all hotties, the laces to my sneaker, the one responsible for so many of my smiles, my best friend in the whole world is officially.. THIRTY!!!!

It's true!! I'm married to an old man! But I have never loved him more.

It's amazing to me that we're starting this phase of our lives! I have kinda a thing with numbers, and I remember when we got married I thought, wow.. the year we turn 30 will also be our 7 year anniversary!! Sheesh! That's going to be a crazy year! And now.. it's HERE!!

So.. I guess he's officially been 30 for 50 days now! WHOA! It's gone SO FAST!! 50 days already!!! But if you can believe, he's already visited Mexico, Italy, and Haiti. He's gone to watch a BYU vs Gonzaga Basketball game, Utah Symphony's rendition of Harry Potter, AND Brian Regan!! He's taken a little time out to hang with family at the cabin in Bear Lake, all while preparing for a Leadership Conference for doTERRA in March and having a crazy pregnant wife!! 30 has proven to be pretty hectic for him, but he's loving it! And we couldn't love him more.

Brandon's birthday is kind of hard because it's pretty close to Christmas and New Year's. So it's easy to get caught up in the holidays and then.. it's all the sudden his birthday! TOTALLY creeps up on me every time. BUT! I really don't like January, so.. it's a really nice excuse to continue festivities even though Brandon's never really been one to love to make a big deal of his birthday, I've never really been one to let him get away with it, and this year was DEFINITELY no exception.

The day before his birthday, Scarlet and I surprised Brandon at his work with some cupcakes and a trip to lunch! Brandon had SO much fun introducing Scarlet to all of his co-workers, and a lunch at Thai Drift NEVER disappoints.

I was REALLY trying to play it cool, acting like I was feeling so bad his big day was going to be so low key. He kept insisting that was his idea of a perfect day.. it kinda made me feel bad that that wasn't the plan at all! Again.. just kinda.. :)

I did listen to him a little, I didn't want to go too overboard, so I decided to plan a bowling party with close friends and family! Brandon loves bowling and we really don't go enough. It was so much fun getting that all arranged and set up, and with a ton of help from his family we were able to pull it off without a hiccup!! It was awesome!!

I told him we should get out of the house and go bowling to Fat Cats! Little did he know our family and friends were already all there waiting for us to come and join the party! I was SSOO amazed at how perfectly it all went. If you know me.. I'm not the most punctual person, and I was so worried my rushing to get out the door would cause some suspicion, but.. there wasn't any rushing! No suspicion! It was awesome!

Man our family and friends were all so great to come out and celebrate with us! Definitely made for a perfect day.
Brandon's friend Ryan filmed the festivities for us, and I took a crack at an edit!! I know I know.. probably should leave it to the professional in the family, but it was really fun! Brandon was REALLY sweet and patient to love it just the way it is. So.. for the video professionals out there.. just know this is my first time edit in SO long AND the very first ever on the new Final Cut Pro X. So.. don't judge too harshly! :)

Man it was a fun day, and I love that I get to be married to such a wonderful man. Happy 30th Sweetie!! You're my sobre todo.

No comments: