Monday, March 17, 2014

Girls Just Wanna Have Fu-un

Brandon had to leave out of town.. AGAIN.. this past week for doTerra's Leadership Retreat, and despite our (my) deepest pleadings to take us with him, we (mostly he ;) ) decided it was financially smarter to have Scarlet and me hang out here, rather then go bask in the Phoenix sun.

I've been, probably more bummed then I should be at the idea of not being able to soak in the wonderfully hot summer sun at the pool with my favorite Scarbug as much as we did last year. We were at the pool at least once a week, and even took some mommy/daughter swimming lessons that went every day for a couple weeks! It was absolutely awesome!! With this beautiful boy scheduled to arrive mid-May, the post 6 week recovery keeps us from seeing any pool time until July! And then it's going to be a little harder hitting up the pool with TWO kiddos in tow! We're definitely in for a different (but really probably more amazing) summer then last year. And even though I KNOW it's going to prove to be an even better summer, it still hasn't kept me from dreaming for even a couple more of those wonderous outdoor pool time adventures, and SUPER jealous we couldn't join Brandon on those couple days in the glorious summer-like weather. Kinda funny to use the word jealous, because Brandon really wished he could stay home, and not leave his family again for the 4th time this year, to not only NOT soak or bask in any type of sunny weather, but to actually be stuck indoors working long hours. Lucky for him, AND us, it was a super short trip so any sort of covetousness or despair was really short lived. :)

Anyway, after the initial bummer-ness that always proceeds Brandon's departure wore off, Scarlet and I had some pretty memorable mommy/daughter fun times after all!

First she realized, and repeatedly expressed, her undying love of lemonade..

Then we went SWIMMING!!! Indoors.. but still! We had SO much fun splashing around and reveled in the lingering scent of chlorine :)
While we were in the changing room, getting Scarlet into her swimming suit, a shorter, very skinny, woman came in with short brown hair. Scarlet, being SO excited, was just talking a mile a minute. And all the sudden she was talking about a cute little boy who was going to come swimming with us. She kept talking about how he was changing his pants and asking if he was going to come have some fun with us.. she even mentioned 'his cute bum' - I know - it took WAAAY too long to realized who she was talking about, and by that point.. I was just at a loss for words. I finally managed to get out, "I don't know, I guess we'll have to see when we get out there, it is going to be so much fun to swim! Huh Scarbug!" .. REALLY? THAT'S what I come up with!?! SO embarrassing, the lady had totally caught on to the fact that she was the boy Scarlet was referring to, and that she noticed her.. bum.. long before I had. My goodness, such an AWESOME moment to be a parent.. haha!! Luckily she was SSOO sweet, she smiled and waved and told her to have a fun time. What a nice lady! I am just SO glad she didn't hold it against me. But seriously? What could I have said!?! Crazy girl.. :)

I got my hair Did!! YAY!!! It's been FOR-EVER since a nice cut and color, and I LOVED it! Thanks Suz!!

To finish off a perfect mommy/daughter week - and because I can no longer comfortably reach my toes - we got some Pedis!! (i LOVE having a girl!!) And they were nice enough to paint Scarlet's nails too! :)
She LOVED everything about this place! The nail polish wall, the cool remote with all the buttons, the silly moving chair, even the water changed colors! She was in heaven and did such an amazing job sitting so still while they were painting her cute little fingers and toes. I just love her SO much!!

Even though the swimming, pedicures, and hair party were pretty amazing events, my favorite part of the week was having sleepovers with Scar in mom and dad's bed!! It was the absolute BEST snuggling to sleep with her at night, instead of alone. And honestly, every time Brandon's out of town I do an awesome job at freaking myself out. All the creaks and random noises.. oh, just so freaky. And then I'm always waking up wondering if Scarlet is okay or if there's someone in the house working their way between our rooms… ridiculous and morbid.. I know.. but having her right next to me helped all that SO MUCH!! I've never slept better (while Brandon is gone) with her cute little feet kicking me in the face, or her hilariously soft little snores. And waking up to this sweet face in the morning..

well… further proves there actually ARE better things then swimming outside in the sun.

1 comment:

Amy Miller said...

You are so cute! You crack me up! At least the woman at the pool didn't have a large bum for Scar to talk about - those comments are harder to deal with... :) I love your one-on-one time, I remember soaking mine up before baby #2 also. So fun!