Tuesday, November 5, 2013

"I'll ge-chew my preety!"

Halloween was so much fun this year! And now that we FINALLY have at least Brandon's computer unburied from the old office aka "the remodel DUMP room" I decided to blog about it a little.

I was super surprised when Scarlet actually had an answer for what she wanted to be this year! I asked her, more out of just talking out loud trying to figure it out myself, when she responded "A WITCH!!!" So excited and positive that's what she wanted to be! This being the last week in September I thought for sure it would change a million times, but sure enough, every time we saw a witch hat.."Look! My witch hat mom!" or saw one on tv.."I'm a witch too, he he he!" and whenever I would hold up a cute little Rapunzel dress, or an absolutely adorable Snow White costume given to us by her favorite ward friend and say, "Scarlet, what about this!? Don't you want to be THIS for Halloween?" She would automatically respond, "No mom, I'm a witch! I'm a witch for Ha-oo-ween." So who am I to stand in the way of an adorable, unbelievably confident little girl?

Finding a witch costume was actually kinda hard! I don't know why! Maybe it was because I was overcome by all the adorable cutesy costumes out there, that I was SURE were all made with my favorite little girlie in mind, but I just couldn't find one I liked! I either really liked the skirt but wasn't a fan of the hat, or it required a BUST size.. whaa? Am I the only one who thinks it's SUPER weird that a TODDLER costume require a bust size..? So.. those were instantly out. Or they were like $50.. again.. Riddikulus! (And yes I am referring to the Harry Potter spell that is used in defence against a Boggart. It causes the creature to assume a form that is humorous to the caster, thereby counteracting the Boggart's ability to terrorise. Boggarts are defeated by laughter, so forcing them to assume an amusing form is the first step to defeating them. Therefore, I'm trying to force myself into finding this amusing before I get too overly disgusted.. We may or may not be watching the entire Harry Potter series over and over again at the moment..I have the greatest husband in the world.)  Or the costume was cute, but the colors were just.. weird.. and should never be put together in that order.. But one thing was certain, I was WAY over complicating a simple cute little costume. So I decided that I would just buy the cute pieces as I saw them, and it seemed to work out great!! Over half the costume was hammy downs from awesome neighbors and family, but the hat and light up purple tutu were awesome finds at Gardner Village! She also found the perfect cauldron at Harmons that she couldn't wait to put her "free candies" in! :)

I think all the silly stress and searching was worth it because boy was she one cute witch!

Brandon told me the night before that he needed to dress up for work. No, that's not at all obnoxious since I'd already been to over 100 costume places searching for his daughter's perfect witch attire.. really though, please see above about how he's the greatest husband in the world, so it really wasn't bad at all to all go as a family the night before Halloween! In fact, he may have started a tradition!! That was WAY better then doing it all alone! :) AND to top it off, while running to grab stuff for his pot luck, Brandon found a witch hat for ME so Scar and I could be witches together! So sweet! We all dressed up this year, and it was a whole lot of fun!
I think Scarlet & I both agree that Brandon is a WAY better BYU fan.. Haha! It was so funny seeing him sport red all day,  that and it being a BYE week this week, I think we're in for a lot of BYU reruns!
Scarlet was definitely down for the whole Halloween thing this year. She loved going to people's doors and knocking and yelling "Trick-or-Treat!" We tried to only go to people we know because she was happy to let herself into everyone's house too! Haha! It was a night filled with 'hehehe's' and 'I'll ge-chew my preety's!!' Haha! She loved it all. And we love her SO much!!

Halloween 2011
Halloween 2012

Halloween 2013

No comments: