Friday, November 8, 2013

Birthday Time!

I don't know how.  But 2013 has just FLOWN by our house.

And I seriously, just do not know how, because if I look back collectively on the year, it was the most tedious and stand-stillish, never ever going to end type of year ever because of the remodel. And I'm talking EVER! Tear down a wall, build a new wall, sand, sand, sand, sand, sand..... sand, sand sand, then repeat. I had to impose on (the in-laws mostly, man are they patient) to do laundry for almost 6 months! I know, such first world problems, but really! It was a very frustrating, long year. But then... October 22nd was here. And i was like... whhhat!? When did THIS happen?

Convention was also a very hard time around here, that's Brandon's big work event, and for most of September he was away from the house. A little traveling, but mostly working super long hours at the office. Kinda made the remodel a little more stressful since his commute is still 45 minutes to work. It was a little like.. wait.. why didn't we just move again? And things aren't really done, but they were done enough, so everything really took a stand still for about a month. But we totally love it here. So now that convention is over, everything really is going to be ok after all!

Haha! ANYWAY!! October 22nd. Brandon had worked so unbelievably much in September that he was able to take a little extra time off in October! So when the aforementioned date came along, he was nice enough to stay home so we could go find our little ScarBug the perfect 2nd day birthday present. I am SO glad he came, because walking into Toys R Us hoping to be 'inspired' is just NOT going to happen. 3 hours later, we left with a couple fun things, but totally fried and very overwhelmed. Needless to say, we are already seriously contemplating Christmas so that really doesn't have to happen again. SO. Many. TOYS!!! None of which a perfectly happy little girl needs.. It was just overwhelmingly awful! So anyway. With that out of the way we could finally get ready to party.

Brandon took me out that night to celebrate my birthday just the two of us. He took me to an incredible dinner at PF Chang's where we had so many of my favorite delicious things! One of which was the Honey Glazed Walnut Shrimp.. oh my.. SO good.. But we actually substituted something's this time to make it even MORE delectable! We switched out the melon for strawberries and the walnuts for almonds.. uumm WHAT!? Yes. It was INCREDIBLE! Just such a beautiful dinner. After we headed to the movies! We don't ever really have much to choose from this time of year with it being scary movie time at the theaters and we really don't do well with those. So we did a little research and saw one that looked super cute and fun called 'Instructions Not Included.' Such a cute movie, but not at all what we were expecting. A tear jerker for sure! But still, such a wonderful ending to a great night!

After we got the cute girl home we got ready for bed then Brandon took off to "finish working on my birthday present." So mysterious. :)

On our birthday morning, October 23, Scarlet and I awoke to an absolutely delicious birthday feast. It was SO delicious. And then Brandon gave me my birthday gift! It's a new car stereo complete with hands-free calling and a back-up cam! SO EXCITED!!! I've been begging for a new car, though it really isn't at the top of our Substantial Financial Purchases List, just for those reasons! So it was really just the perfect gift. I've been having so much fun listening to music Scarlet and I can both enjoy and my terrible nightmare of backing over neighbor children have stopped! It's just been the best. Scarlet had fun starting to open all of her fun little presents too! She was super excited to open them this year, but definitely enjoyed taking her time and didn't mind spreading the excitement throughout the day!

So, after some present opening and a delicious breakfast we were off to our birthday pedicures!

This year we decided to try out the Color My Nails Salon. It was so fun! Not quite as nice as the place we went last year, but the people were SO wonderful and did such a wonderful job pampering Scarlet and me. It was the perfect morning.

After our Pedi's we hit up lunch at both Which Wich and Chik-Fil-A! I decided last year that we should both get what we want on our birthdays. And even though I'm not a big advocator of going to two different places for food, this seemed like as good of a day as any to do that! So I got a delicious sandwich and Scarlet got her favorite kind of nuggets and fries. It was wonderful! And may actually end up happening more then just once a year.

After a much needed nap time by all. (Since Husband-of-the-year was out the night before working on my gift until 3 in the morning!!) We went to Kangaroo Zoo! Such a fun bouncy place up in North Salt Lake. The kids had SUCH an amazing time. We ordered some delicious pizza, and sat and talked while the cute kiddos bounced and slid and flipped til they couldn't bounce, slide, or flip anymore.

A little while into it my brother-in-law Jon decided to pay a couple bucks to try out this room with some air guns that you could shoot little balls at each other. The Dads had tons of fun playing in there and then all the kids came into join. I was surprised there weren't any tears, considering that the balls really did come out pretty fast and could hit you kinda hard. I guess when you're having too much fun, there's no time for ouches! Haha!

After a fun night at Kangaroo Zoo we decided to finish things off at Leatherby's with some of our good friends! They're daughter is a couple years older then Scarlet, and Scarlet just adores her. She calls her Vanilla.. just a side note.. that's not really her name. Haha! It's just so darn cute.

What a wonderful birthday it was, filled with amazing family and friends and fun times.

It's really so incredible and humbling to watch my beautiful little girl get bigger and bigger everyday. She was such a champ at her doctors appointment the next day. He said she's got the size and communication of a 3 year old! She's just growing up so fast! I love my little girlie and I can't wait to see what the next year brings. The terrible 2's and the last year of my 20's.. definitely should be one to remember! :)

No comments: