Such an amazing holiday Mother's Day. I always liked it when I was growing up, but now - go figure - now that I'm a mom, I especially love it!
I'm so blessed to have such an amazing husband and daughter that treat me so sweetly and love me so much 365 days out of the year, but I'm finding that to have a day specifically invented to hear how much they love me all day long is just the BEST!
Also, I've come to unbelievably appreciate my sweet mother and all the wonderful sacrifices and love she's given me throughout my life. The examples she's set and her incredible desire to love and serve her family have been monumental in my new endeavors as a wife and mother. Such a wonderful mom, grandma, and friend. I love her so much! And it's so wonderful to have a day specifically designed to express that to her, in case the crazy hu-bub of my life consumes me too much to properly express that throughout the year.
My fantastic mother-in-law has also become an incredible friend and support over the past few years. Not only raising an amazing son, who would become my best friend and perfect father, she is still proving to be an amazing mother by dropping everything to help any way she can. She's a wonderful cook, crocheter, painter, grandma, and friend, and I feel so lucky everyday to have married into such a wonderful and considerate family.
This weekend was full of wonderful celebrations and festivities!
Saturday we celebrated with the Orton family! It was a delicious BBQ with everything you could imagine. Tasty food and drinks, beautiful weather, and amazing company! Such a perfect night.
After the BBQ Brandon took me to the mall to shop for some fun new Mother's Day clothes! This was such a perfect gift in so many ways! I LOVE it when Brandon comes shopping! He's got really good taste, and quickly helps me realize what is cute and what's not. Haha! It's the best, and so much fun. I love spending time with him!
Sunday morning we rushed to church where the primary kids sang SO beautifully for their moms! I LOVE this calling and feel so lucky every week that I get to spend so much time with their cute faces!
After Sacrament we ran to have an INCREDIBLE breakfast with the Baird Family. SO tasty! I SO wish I had a picture! But as they were all hurrying to get ready for church, none was had. Luckily we were able to get some quality time together, which is all that really matters.
After a WONDERFUL Mother's Day nap we visited Brandon's mom and dad once more before heading over to Wheeler Farm.
If you'll remember a few posts ago, I LOVE Wheeler Farm! I thought it would make an already wonderful weekend even better, and I was right!! It did! After feeding the duckies we visited with the sheep, chickens, and horses. Sadly the piggies were sleeping, but we got to see their heads and Scarlet was pretty excited about that! :)
Such a wonderful weekend, thank you so much to my incredible little family for making me feel like the most amazing mom in the world, they're definitely the most amazing to me!
Happy Mother's Day to all of you cute moms out there!






1 comment:
You are beautiful, and your little girl is growing up so fast and SO CUTE!
Post a Comment