March 23rd is when it all started... when we started down the amazingly long and endless path of remodeling our house!!! AAHH!!! And though the end result looks more promising everyday, the end day seems to look further and further away every day that goes by!! Haha!
In November we remodeled our main bathroom, which proved to be a grueling, endless, but TOTALLY worth it, 2 weeks. So why I would think remodeling the guest bath, laundry/new salon area (YAY!), adding a new office to the front room, and remodeling the kitchen wouldn't be a big deal.. I have no idea. And as we're fast approaching the 1 month mark.. *sigh**.. I'm realizing more and more everyday that we've got QUITE the road ahead. Luckily, we've got awesome, super talented people here almost every night to make sure it doesn't take until 2014 to get done! :)
I couldn't believe how fast the past month has gone!! It totally seems like a blur! So I thought I'd share a few of the really fun moments of the past few weeks before they get lost in time!
First! EASTER!!!
Despite the sick bugs that were determined to ruin our weekend, we had SUCH a busy, but incredibly fun time with family and friends since it was Austin's, Dari's, AND Jeffrey's birthdays that weekend as well!!
We had such a fun time at Jeffrey's amazing Dinosaur Party before poor Scarlet came down with such a terrible fever! It got to 103! So scary and sad!
Luckily, it broke and she seemed to be feeling much better for Dari's party and Orton Family Easter egg hunt that following night. And then sadly Brandon woke up feeling super crummy Easter morning. So Scarlet and I let him rest while we had so much fun at church and at the Baird Easter party!
With step-by-step help from my amazingly talented sister, I was able to make Scarlet's Easter dress this year!! DEFINITELY so much harder then I thought, and I didn't even get a REAL good picture of it. But it was so much fun to see her in it, and if it couldn't get any better, her favorite girl cousin Abbie had a twinner dress!! Like I said, despite the bugs, we had a really fun Easter, we showed them! ;)
I can't believe I didn't take more PICTURES!! WHAT?! But for Auz's birthday we had a fun party and then the adult kids hit up NickleMania! I actually scored big on this game! It was so fun to go out with just adults, we totally need to do that more. We cleaned house!
Scarlet discovered a new way of eating..
We went to the Zoo with Amy and the cousins and the Aquarium with friends Suzie and Cohen, where Scarlet saw a Tiger and touched a Shark!! My amazing sister, who was 39-weeks pregnant at the time, wasn't about to sit and wait for that baby to come and walked the WHOLE time trying to help him come. Sadly, no baby came that day as a result of her big walk, but we still had a fun day in that unusually crowded park!
General Conference was an amazing weekend full of inspirational talks, and was definitely not short on the goodies.








2 comments:
Good luck with all of the remodeling! I can't imagine how tricky that would be. Exciting too - I love to see all of the changes. Baby Caleb can't wait to see tons of you next week - let's do it.
Oh, and I had leftovers of your conference treat and I'd argue that it was all about the Reece's... :)
I'm so excited for you to have a salon at home, despite the fact that I'll be missing out!!! You guys are so adorable!
Post a Comment