Brandon went in to get Scarlet out of bed, while I was in the bathroom blow drying my hair. I poked my head around the corner and the following ensued...
Me: Good morning Scarbug!
Scarlet: Mommy! Snuggle.
(Which how could I refuse such a request so I immediately took her and headed straight for the bed, which she then looked at Brandon and said..)
Scarlet: Daddy, Bottle, Please.
(Again, how could such a request be denied, so while Brandon was happily fulfilling his end of her requests, we began mine, to which the following conversation was had..)
Me: How did you sleep Scarlet?
Scarlet: Good.
Me: Did you have any fun dreams?
Scarlet: Dreeeeemz
Me: What did you dream about?
Scarlet: *short, thoughtful pause* Monkeys!
Me: You dreamed about Monkeys?
*Scarlet laughed*
Me: What were you and the monkeys doing?
Scarlet: Dancing! *followed by a few shoulder shimmies*
Me: Really!? Dancing? Anything else?
Scarlet: And jumping! Jump! Jump!
After laughing and mimicking some more jumping and shoulder shimmies, Brandon returned to the room where all attention was lost expect to the scrumptious looking morning treat coming her way!
I am just amazed by this little girl! I can't believe she's already a year and a half as of 2 days ago!! WHAT!? Where has time gone!? 18 months ago I could've never imagined we'd be excitedly recounting the nights events together! It was absolutely amazing.
Today she was not short on cuteness, that's for sure, as we hit up Wheeler Farm!! First of all, WHAT!?! How have I not known how cool Wheeler Farm was until today!? We went to meet some friends there for a fun picnic and to feed the duckies! Scarlet was a little confused all morning when I'd try to tell her we were going to go feed the ducks she'd excitedly exclaim bath!! And despite my attempts to explain that we were going to go see duckies in real life and feed them bread.. she just didn't get it. Haha! So we headed out and met up with our amazing friends, the Latimers, and had a delicious picnic full of fun stick and rock hunting! We then made our way over to the duck pond and it took Scar a little coaxing but finally after taking some hints from her good friend she figured out the old stale bread was for the duckies and started throwing it out through the fence to them.
After the ducks, we had an impromptu visit to the other animals at Wheeler Farm! What!? You ask! Other Animals!? YES!! They have OTHER animals there that you can go see and possibly even pet for FREE!!?!? And Scarlet loved every minute of it! At first, she was the most excited about seeing the pigs, but ended up LOVING the sheep most. Sheep are one of the only animals she tends to forget what they are called, so she'll usually call them Baa's. It was SO CUTE to see her running from animal to animal and bravely reaching her cute little hand through the fence to touch them. Man she's getting so big, just growing up so fast right before our eyes, and there's nothing I can do but enjoy every minute as it happens!


1 comment:
She's so sweet! And so big! I can't believe she's 18 months. Love her!
Post a Comment