One thing that doesn't raise the eyebrow for Brandon anymore, or most of my family is where I find the most joy in my ghetto side and that's NickelMania!
That's right, NickelMania.
Don't knock it till you try it friends. Though most of my friends do and think we're super crazy for finding so much joy there. But really, it's. Incredible! And after any one of those skeptical friends spends an action packed night there, they soon openly embrace the ghetto-ness too.
Not every game is actually only one nickel, but the fun that can be had with $5 is unreal! Sure, they're totally disgusting and probably riddled with all sorts of diseases, but whenever we all gather around the 'Deal or No Deal' game, the suspense is unreal! And the few times we've actually scored the large briefcase, well, you'd think we won an actual jackpot! Haha! Grown men and women jumping up and down pumping their fists, we'll that's what happy memories are made of. And when you finally get to the counter were you can trade your entire evening of entertaining and action-packed earned tickets for a giganic comb (why, yes I need one of those) or a bag of rattlesnake eggs (don't worry, they're not real) or a handful of Frootie-Tootsies (totally worth $5) it bids the question, could it possibly get any better?! And then it DOES! Because right next to the possibilities-are-endless prize counter is a PhotoBooth! And not just any PhotoBooth. It's an old school, PERFECT style PhotoBooth which is a must for any actual successful conclusion to a family-night, date-night, party-night, friend-night out to NickelMania.
The last time we went we were FINALLY able to convince our good friends the Latimer's to come. It's been at least a year of constant begging and pleading and pestering.. but it finally paid off! We had so much fun, even though it was a super busy night, we still found a turn on all the best rides and games. I think we have many a more NickelMania adventures with them in the future.
And like I said a trip to my ghetto paradise is never complete without a PhotoBooth strip.



5 comments:
Hooray for Trailorsville! haha - such a cool nickname. :-) I'm glad you can embrace your inner ghetto-ness.
the photostrip me and Jer have from when you guys took us there (I think back when we were dating??) is still my all time favorite! It makes me smile everytime I look at it. There's just somethin about the black and white old-school style. Maybe it's time for us to head up and get an updated one :)
We had a GREAT time! Bug keeps talking about "that place with all the games with Bo and Stacey" and no one seems to have gotten rabies, so all's well that ends well!
PS I will stay in a hostel in China with you.
Haha - I LOVE this post! You've converted us to the NickelMania - so much fun!
Ha! What did I tell ya!? ;)
Anytime time any of you guys want to go back you know who to call if you want company!! Haha!!
Post a Comment