Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fun New Toys!

I've been a pretty spoiled girl the last couple weeks and I'm so excited!! I just had to share!

First..

As a carried over New Year's Resolution from last year, instead of buying bread, I've been trying to make it. Which last year, made it quite the delicacy around here, as it was very seldom seen. I can throw out tons of reasons why I thought this would be a fun, exciting idea, but the truth is Brandon LOVES homemade bread and it's fun to have the house smell like I can actually cook every once in awhile. :) So whenever I had the urge to BUY bread, I'd just decide to MAKE some when I got home.. and that didn't always happen.. actually hardly ever. BUT! I was DETERMINED to be better this year!

I was given the amazing gift at my wedding of a KitchenAid from Brandon's extended family and I've absolutely LOVED it for making cookies, and whipping cream, and things like that, but when it comes to bread.. it's not been super nice to me. The dough creeps up the mixer and I usually end up with more dough out of the bowl then in it! The last time Brandon was home to witness me making the bread through my cursing and fit throwing he politely suggested I maybe look for another alternative. I already had an amazing bread maker, but making one loaf at a time didn't keep up with Brandon, let alone the demands of our growing family! And then I tried my mom's Bosch..

*cue heavens parting and angels singing*

It was amazing!! So I decided to put my billing money to use and BOUGHT ONE!!

Crazy impulsive I know! But I'm SO glad I did it and have a supportive husband who encouraged me to spend my play money so frivolously! It's been so WONDERFUL!


No creeping out the bowl, no over worked motor, no stopping to fix the inconsistent amounts all blobbing to one side!!

And I was able to make.. not one.. not two.. but FOUR loaves of bread at one time!!! WHAT!?!

Now.. if only I had a limitless supply of flour... :) BREAD FOR EVERYONE!!! Haha

It's been so much fun playing with it! I even got a slicer shredder attachment that can make french fries!! WHAT? Yes!! That's right - FRENCH FRIES!! We are SO excited to try those out.. I'll keep you posted.. ;)


I also, made a pretty epic Groupon purchase as well! What may you ask deserves to be on the same blogpost as the amazingly life changing mixer?? I'm sure many of you have seen them, and I'm probably just WAY behind the curve, but.. I still had to share. The world they have opened to me.. with so many possibilities..

What could it possibly be?!..

THESE!!


Yep! Hair Pins!! Okay.. so they're not even HALF as cool as the amazing mixer, for sure. BUT, they are SO wonderful, and also have proven to be pretty life changing! I LOVE them!! They work so wonderfully! The first are called Spin Pins, and the second, well, isn't the best name, it's simply called the Modern Up-Do Pin. But I can't believe they haven't been in my hair accessory drawer until now!

For me, the hardest part about having long hair is the constant struggle between keeping my hair out of my face or pushing through the urge and avoiding pony tail crease. It's obnoxious! (I know.. my poor 1st world problems) But seriously, why mess up a good blow dry for a quick tie up of the hair to make bread.. :) or give the cutie girl a bath, or change the kitty litter! Well... gone are those days of worry my friends! 

Here are the results..










It took longer to take the pictures of these then it did to pin them up! (well, it actually really did take a long time to take these pictures, it's HARD taking a picture of the back of you're head!! And sorry, they're not really in focus.. but you get the idea..) It was REALLY easy though to pin hair up! Less then 10 seconds! And the best part is, it can stay all day!! Leaving no sign of creasing in it's place! They're just lovely.
They don't hold very well when you exercise, and I do put a few security bobby pins in when I'm going out, but honestly, if you don't already have these I HIGHLY recommend them!

Anyway, sorry for the product review-ness of this last part, but it's been a pretty amazing accessory that I just felt I had to share!! Happy Hair Days to you! :)

2 comments:

Angie said...

your product-review-ness has made me seriously want a Bosch! I HATE how the dough creeps up in the Kitchenaid....hmmmm, maybe I shall have to finagle a way. :)

Laura said...

So jealous of your Bosch! Ironic how Mike works for them yet we don't even own one ...