Saturday, February 23, 2013

Caribbean Cruise 2013

January 20th - 27th Brandon and I were lucky enough to join doTERRA on their yearly incentive trip! Well.. I guess mostly, I was the lucky one, Brandon was bound to go to film everything, but I went to help out the Event Planner, who completely had it planned so perfectly, there really wasn't a whole lot for me to help with! Believe me though, I was more then happy to help when I could! It was such a fun trip, with so many fun people, I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it.
We went last year, to Cancun, Scarlet came, and I wasn't able to help a whole lot, so it was super sad to leave her behind, but since I was needed more to help this year, it was great to be able to participate and lend the support when needed.
Our cruise left out of Puerto Rico and went to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, and Curacao. Curacao was probably my favorite destination, but Aruba held the absolute best excursion. doTERRA has an organization called Helping Hands, we started our day volunteering at various parks and schools beautifying, improving, and helping where needed! It was so wonderful to be able to be part of such a wonderful cause, if that wasn't amazing enough we finished off the day at our own private island! Complete with salsa dancing, banana boats, snorkeling, there were water slides, and of course all the food you would ever need. It was amazing!
Poor Brandon was sick a lot of the time with a terrible flu going around, and when he wasn't in bed trying to break terrible fevers, he was up and about filming the happenings throughout the week. It's hard to complain though when you're surrounded by amazing sun, unlimited twisty cones, and fantastic people.


Though it was really hard to say good-bye to the incredibly missed sunshine and palm trees, we were super excited to come home and snuggle with our favorite little sweetie pie.

Yes these sunglasses are on upside down, and she was so proud she put them on all by herself! :)

Kinda of a funny ending to our trip.. well.. now we can think it's funny, but... Our original flight plans held a 6 hour layover in Atlanta, so when we landed our first leg from Puerto Rico, we rushed to the Delta counter to see if there was any way we could bump our flight to an earlier departure, so we could cuddle with out little Scarbug that much sooner, and their WAS!! So $100 and a rushed, questionable, airport stand lunch later we found ourselves on a flight that was boasting to get us home 5 hours sooner!! Sadly.. we experience some terrible weather on our flight home and weren't able to land in Salt Lake! They ended up circling the airport for a few hours and redirecting to Las Vegas where we refueled and tried again. We ended up landing a very grumpy and motion sick filled 6 hours later!! 30 minutes AFTER our original flight landed.. So much for those extra snuggles we were so looking forward to! But we DID finally land safely and soundly and made it back home to our precious little girl. 8.5 days was definitely a WAY long time to be away from her, but luckily things went right back to normal, and if possible, we even felt more love and gratefulness for our amazing little bundle of joy.

No comments: