Thursday, January 3, 2013

Slight Job Change..

For the last 11 months (since finishing my maternity leave) I've been a full time mommy and a part time Engineering Administrative Assistant for L-3 Communications. And life has been crazy!!

I think that's just part of being a mom. It seemed like this little thing, who could barely move, was somehow doubling all of our daily duties! There were twice the dirty dishes, twice the amount of laundry needing to be folded, twice the messiness around the house, and twice the errands that needed to be ran. And well, now with her on the go, you can just add a little zero to the end of that twice on all of the above!

Now, I'm not complaining!! I love my life and the people in it and wouldn't trade them for all the stress-free, clutterless days, in all the world. It was starting to seem though, like something had to give.

Brandon started a new job last year at DoTerra that made the idea of staying home a possibility. I'd never given much thought to staying home though, so it was more of just a fall back plan until it was time for me to go back to work after the 3 blissful months of maternity leave.

Going back after Scarlet, was so much harder then I ever anticipated.

I hoped after time it would get easier, since I really enjoyed my job, and absolutely LOVED the people I worked with. Sadly it never did. So the decision to stay home was finally made and solidified.

My last day at L-3 was yesterday, and it was almost as sad as the day I went back to work 11 months earlier! So funny how life can do that to you. Both decisions were wonderful, good decisions. Only the decision to stay home just felt that much more right.

I will miss the people I worked with at L-3 SO much, especially the Director, Managers, and other Admins I worked with. I don't know if they'll ever really know how much their support and encouragement has meant to me over the years, and after the surprise going away party packed with unbelievably sweet gifts and delicious treats I almost doubted my choice in good decisions!!

Until I got home and saw this cute face with those amazingly kissable cheeks...
...and I realized this is exactly where I'm supposed to be.

7 comments:

Amy Miller said...

So excited for you! You'll love being home! yay!

jillmassage said...

Yeah!!!! Good for you!!!

Angie said...

Congratulations! Being a full time mommy is hard work...but SO worth it!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! With our girls so close in age, perhaps we'll have to do some play dates when we get back! I'm excited to see you...

Connie Babe said...

good job! you will not regret being home with her and her cheeks.

mary plus vince said...

congrats stacey -- thats so exciting and what a sweet blessing!!

Dean and Rachel said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Bitter sweet I'm sure:)