Is Scarlet eating enough - (have you SEEN that girl!?) Do I spend enough time with her? Do I spend enough time with Brandon? Do I do enough around the house? Oh no, I need to do laundry. When will I possibly find time to do that? Do I cook enough? What should I cook? How do I cook healthy? I need to lose weight. Why am I not motivated enough to lose weight? It seems like you need to spend more money to eat healthy. We're trying to save money. Does that mean I'm not going to lose weight? Maybe we should make spending more money to eat healthier a bigger priority? Are we feeding Cosmo good enough food? Is he healthy? What if, after we spend all that money, I still want to eat unhealthy? Will Brandon be disappointed? I love Cafe Rio. Should I not eat that anymore? Brandon loves Cafe Rio too! I don't want to take that away from him. Maybe I should cook Cafe Rio at home. Then it might be more healthy?-
Then the microwave dings and Scarlet's breakfast is ready. It is amazing where my mind goes with just a few seconds by it's itself.
Luckily, I've got an unbelievably patient husband who's always so good to listen to my nonsense and then quickly reel me in a little and tell me how much he loves me. Which - I do find very incredible since this is now more then a daily occurrence. Another wonderful blessing that has come from this incessant worrying is the fact that I found to combat these silly stresses (besides a few deep breaths and a little prayer) is to focus on all the wonderful blessings that Heavenly Father has given me in just this short time I've felt all this overwhelming worriment. It really is too amazing for words. So despite this roller coaster of mind numbing stress to overload of unimaginable gratitude and joy, one thing is for sure - life is one
I'm quickly learning that time spent sweating the small stuff, is time missing the incredible experiences happening all the time. There's an amazing quote that I should really frame and put in a place that I can remember it all the time, but it's by Gerald Jampolsky, and he says
"How simple it is to see that all the worry in the world cannot control the future. How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now. And there will never be a time that is not now."
So true! And so beautiful.
I find that the majority of my worrying just causes me anxiety to take action. Hence, my Mid Year Resolution! I need to keep my hair from prematurely turning grey. I need to stop succumbing to the fear of the unknown and replace it with excitement for the future. I need to be an example to Scarlet, and be a support for Brandon again. And mostly, I need to stop this awful pessimism from taking over wonderful moments with my beautiful family. Which, in spite of the expressed frustration, do happen very frequently. So to end, what I hope isn't too gloomy of a post, here are some of the unbelievably happy moments we were able to capture from the past few months.

4 comments:
oh.my.goodness! Justin and I were just talking yesterday about how I need to be more optimistic and stop sweating the small things. I've just started a gratitude journal to keep me more focused. It's nice to know I'm not alone :)). I love that quote you mentioned, so pretty and true.
Wow! That's so crazy! And you know it is so nice knowing you've got a friend that can relate. But i'm sorry to hear it at the same time! It's such an uncomfortable funk to find yourself in.
That gratitude journal sounds like a great idea! I've been really wanting to start keeping a journal lately, so what a wonderful way to start! Thanks for the idea Jodi!
Oh Stacey, I think you look AMAZING! Don't stress about things too much, I'm sure you are doing a great job as a mom and don't need to worry about the amount of time you are with Scarlet, she knows how much you lover her! Reading your stresses made me laugh because I do the exact same thing ALL THE TIME! Especially the trying to be healthier, but it costs so much more money! Good luck, if you ever need a work out buddy come join Aimee and I on our nightly walks/jogs, sometimes a nice workout while pushing a jogging stroller can make you feel better! :-)
here's a few to start with...
http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/03/all-your-favorite-cafe-rio-recipes-in-one-place/
Post a Comment