I could say I've put off writing this post because Brandon's been a little too busy to help get the pictures and video ready for me, or that I've been trying to get caught up from the craziness of life, but I think the REAL reason I've been putting off writing this post, is because maybe in some crazy way by not sitting and putting the events in writing it will somehow make it less real and I'll wake up and one day my sweet cuddly baby will be there again still ready to be squeezed and snuggled all day long.
Okay.. after saying this, I know it might sound like I don't love one-year-old Harvey as much as I loved baby Harvey, it's actually quite the opposite, everyday that goes by I somehow love this amazing little man more and more, I just can't believe every morning how much more independence and fearlessness and adventurous he's getting, everyday he's becoming such a big boy!!! And again, even when I think it's not possible I could love him anymore and the next day I somehow manage to find a way; I STILL never want him to grow out of this sweet, perfect boy who LOVES snuggles and kisses from mommy, and will run to me with his cute pudgy arms stretched out when he's tired or scared to snuggle in close and rest his sweet head on my shoulder or squish so perfectly into my arms and sip on his bottle while looking wonderingly into my eyes and around the room while listening intently to my lullabies and constant praises of his cute little nose and squishy, kissable chubby cheeks.. Oh I just LOVE this boy!!
Brandon and I have been talking about it a lot. I wouldn't say I'm more sad about Harvey turning one, than I was with Scarlet, I think realizing BOTH of my kiddos are getting older has made me a little more emotional this time around though. And again, it's not because I'm sad, I just can't believe the amazingness and wonderfulness of everything I've been able to experience with these two.
Now. I have to tell you. Harvey is one absolutely INCREDIBLE little boy. He is just the sweetest, most happiness little man. He is almost ALWAYS in a good mood, and he just loves to smile, and when this happens, it's his whole entire face that smiles. From his eyes, to his cheeks, to of course his mouth and even his chin! It's like ALL happy! It's just so heart-warming.
He also loves to be held, which is quite the task for this big little boy. At his last appointment he's weighed in at over 27 pounds, and even though he's dropped to the 84% for weight, he's still quite the load to carry. Especially while vacuuming and sweeping and changing the laundry. But while this little guy is connected to my hip, I see the world through a whole new perspective. He's so intrigued by the sounds and the sites all around him. He notices things being up so high that I never do, and his sweet desire to be held will definitely not always be there, so when my shoulders, back, and arms feel like they're about to break, I quickly remind them how sweet and precious this time is and I some how manage to squeeze him in a little tighter.
Another thing so special to my little boy, is his amazing will and determination. He is just so head strong, and though sometimes when you redirect his efforts he'll get a little vocally frustrated, most of the time he's so quiet and you can see him methodically figuring out his next move because in his mind, whatever he's after, is just going to happen. Whether it's playing in the trash can, emptying Scarlet's costume drawer, or clearing the pantry shelves, he IS going to make it happen. And if I quickly shut the door or somehow make it impossible for him to accomplish his mission, he doesn't get discouraged, it's like he knows it's only a temporary set back and he looks at me with this sweet/sinister little grin as if saying 'well played mom, until next time.'
I thought it would be so much fun to have a superhero birthday party for my little superman. I absolutely love the tiered superhero cakes, and those amazingly adorable Clark Kent baby pictures you see online, and after finding these invitations on Etsy, well, it was just going to happen.
The party was a BLAST!! It was so much fun seeing all of Harvey's cute cousins and friends dressed up as superheros!
Harvey had a blast eating so much cakey goodness AGAIN in one week!! Haha!!
It's always so much fun to celebrate with people we love so much, it's especially wonderful when we're celebrating this amazingly perfect little guy.
We love you Harvey!!








No comments:
Post a Comment