Friday, November 21, 2014

3 & 30

Even though we decided to have our epic 3 & 30 celebration in Disneyland, Brandon suggested we still have a very fun -very scaled down- party with all of our friends and family! We decided since one of Scarlet's very favorite things are our family movie nights, all snuggled up together eating popcorn, we decided that would be a whole lot of fun to do with our family and friends. And when Brandon's awesome friend from work, Dale, let us borrow his awesome popcorn machine, we knew we had the makings of a great party!!

We decided to have the party Saturday night (October 25th) and we originally wanted it to be a fun movie night under the stars. But the further we got into October, the faster I started realizing that probably wouldn't happen because it was SO COLD!! We also, thought Hotel Transylvania would be a fun Halloween movie to watch, but after previewing it make sure it was family-friendly enough, I decided it wasn't quite that, so we decided to switch it to Monster's Inc.! That's Halloween-ish, and WAY more 3-year-old appropriate I thought.

Our inclement weather back-up plan was originally going to be at Brandon's Parent's House! They have a nice big area in the upstairs of their house and I knew everyone would be able to hang out there pretty comfortably, and it isn't far from our house incase people didn't get the memo of the location change. Well, Friday night was GORGEOUS!! 65 degrees after 8pm! And since we were going to start the movie around 6:30 and since according to like 3 different weather sources saying it was going to be better the following night we thought for sure we were in the clear. Sadly, Saturday night brought in wind storms! It was nuts! So last minute we decided to have the party in our back room! DEFINITELY too small for all the wonderful people that ended up coming, and we had to kinda split the party into two little areas because it was just impossible for everyone to squeeze back there. But luckily, it was still way fun!
My amazingly talented friend Sharen made the cake! Reason enough to have the party don't you think?
We had concessions available for everyone that are still lingering, sadly, along with all of our Disneyland candy, and trick-or-treating candy.. if anyone out there is having chocolate cravings please don't get buy anything! We seriously have ANYTHING you could ever want FOR FREE! Haha!!

It was so awesome to have so many of our close family and friends there to celebrate us. We definitely felt pretty special!
Dude! I'm married to such a hottie!! *whistle whistle*
It's been such a crazy realization that, I'm 10x's older then my beautiful little girl!! Reflecting on, even my last 10 years!!.. And realizing there are SO many amazing things in her future. All the people she'll meet! The sights and sounds and tastes she's yet to experience! It breaks my heart to think about the the trials she'll face, and the heart ache she'll inevitably have to endure. But knowing it'll also be full of beautiful tender mercies, and amazing life-changing and eternity-shaping miracles. I am SO humbled and proud and grateful and just so overwhelmed with such great happiness that I get to be this amazing little girl's mommy. And, if 3 years has been this fun, I can't wait to see how the next 30 go!!
  

No comments: