No I'm not bias! Okay.. maybe a little bias.. but - really!! She is!!!
She is starting to say and do the craziest things! And honestly I have NO idea where she comes up with half of it! Today she was taking a bath and we have some funky sprayers we turn on from time to time so she can have splash pad time. Ha. She usually loves it! But today when I asked if she would like them on she simply said. "No. I'm good. You don't need to turn those on. Thanks anyway mom!"
What? K. She's like barely TWO!!
The other night I was dishing out dinner, in kinda a rush, so I spilled a little on the way to an awaiting plate. Scarlet heard my slightly irritated gasp, to which she said, "What is it mom? What happened."
"oh." I replied, "nothing, mommy just spilled a little."
Scar- "Oh, I'm sorry mommy! That's silly! Be more careful!"
Haha, thanks Scar, thanks for the advice!
Haha!! Really though!! What two-year-old gives such sound advice like that!?
She's always shutting the doors to the rooms we're in and saying,
"oh no! Mom! We're stuck! How will we ever get out of here?!"
"uh-o" I say "What are we going to to do?!"
To which she replies, "we'll have to make a plan!"
Haha! Then she puts her finger to her mouth in a thinking type of fashion and thinks for a minute, and comes up with some of the craziest solutions! Some of which have been..
"I'll have to use my Princess Sofia powers!'
"Maybe we need to yell really loud so daddy can come save us."
or
"Mom, I think we will have to eat our way through! UM!" (making a really loud munch sound) Haha! What?
Okay.. I know.. I'm probably just really new at this having a two-year-old thing. But she is absolutely amazing to me. And it really never ceases to amaze me everyday the things that come out of her little mouth.
Well, a few months ago we found out that we're being oh so blessed to have the opportunity to welcome a new baby into the family! And I feel SUPER crazy saying this, but.. Scar gets it! She really does!
![]() |
| Scarlet wore this cute little shirt to visit family and announce the news. |
More then that, K, crazy time coming. But I really think she just knows the baby! Crazy talk I know! But honestly! 9 times out of 10, no, more like 49 times out of 50, when she was asked if she was having a little brother or a little sister, she guessed right! We know this now, but at the time we were just like.. whaaaa? That's crazy she keeps saying that particular gender. But really! She did! She KNEW! And the couple times she'd get it wrong, well, I'm sure it was just because she didn't understand the question. ;)
So, before we knew, that what she knew, she did really know, and we should've just listened, my already impatient nature kicked into overdrive and Brandon and I decided to take a little trip to Fetal Fotos at 15 weeks to check it out. 1.. to see if she was right, it was getting a little creepy, and 2, so that if she wasn't right we could start correcting her already very strong willed, made up mind. (Please see the Halloween post for further explaination.)
We decided to have a little fun with this gender reveal, seeing how my pregnancy with Scarlet was quite a bit more stressful then this one, we kinda found out Scarlet was actually a girl at a 19 week ultrasound appointment to make sure she was okay, and after a 16 week ultrasound (again to make sure she was still with us) had us so sure she was a boy, the ultrasound tech (at the 19 week visit) wondered if we wanted to know and we said we already did, and later in the appointment the tech said, "well, she's looking perfectly healthy!" Brandon and I were WAY more then shocked! Haha! ANYWAY, we haven't had nearly as much in and out of the doctor stress with this baby, so we thought hey! Maybe we should make this one a little more fun!
SO. When we went to Fetal Fotos we had the tech put the gender on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope so my incredibly talented friend could make us a beautiful cake with the gender color inside! That was the longest day and a half ever!! Haha! PS. Fetal Fotos.. AMAZING!! I wish all ultra sounds could be that plush and comfortable. They projected everything on a big tv and it was just amazing! Not to mention they were super nice! If we have more kids, we'll definitely be finding out early again! So awesome!
But we had the fun Gender Reveal Party November 23rd. Our awesome family, and a couple of our very closest friends came to help us celebrate.
I still can't believe Scarlet was right all along! :)
We can't wait to meet our little stud scheduled to arrive around May 15th!







3 comments:
my tall tough cop baby brother said that every boy needs a big sister. congratulations!
How fun, congrats you guys!
I didn't know you were expecting!!! Congrats....boys are SO FUN!!!
Post a Comment