Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Yep..We're THOSE People..

An overload of cinnamon. Uncontrollable outbursts of singing about Rudolph and his friends. FM 100. Talks of Christmas Trees and Santa.. just a few of the things that show up at the beginning of November in this Orton home! We LOVE it! Well.. maybe I should clarify.. I love it! I don't really know if Brandon truly does or not but he sure does do a great job and pretending to be equally as excited! I might be embarrassed to admit that.. we started singing 'Mary Did You Know' as a bed time lullaby well before Scar's cute witchy debut.. but op.. just did, and.. nope! I'm not!! Haha! And now that November is in full swing all sorts of Christmasy lullabies have worked their way into the mix. I just can't get enough!! 

To me. The twinkling lights, endless stories of constant anonymous giving, the happiness in the air, all the beautiful Christmas trees, the wonderful praise and reflection of baby Jesus.. it's the ONLY good thing about this miserable winter season. So the longer it lasts, the better, I say! 

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Thanksgiving, and I definitely do spend all month being grateful and thankful for my endless, INCREDIBLE blessings! .. one of which just happens to be Christmas!! :)

I've really been trying to curb sharing my obnoxious excitement and happiness for Christmas openly.. but I just couldn't anymore!! So yesterday we decided to kick things off by taking pictures with Santa!!

Scarlet and I met Brandon out at Thanksgiving Point.. Oh! Quick side story I want to always remember!

I was talking to a wonderful lady I visit teach, telling her about how we were going to be doing this, and going out to Thanksgiving Point, and Scarlet all the sudden chimes in with, "And we'll right the horses!!" And I was like.. wait? Haha! And Scarlet said, "Yeah! We ride the horses, and they go nneeeeeaaahhh! And they go round and around and around, in a really big circle. And it's the best ever!" And I was just so confused, and a little bit later I realized, the last time we were at Thanksgiving Point, Scarlet rode the ponies!!! But it's not like we've talked about it, seriously, since then, I don't think we've ever talked about Thanksgiving Point!! But just amazing!! Kids really do have amazing little memories and that's just so incredible me that she remembered that! Haha!! ANYWAY!! No horses this time! but...

We headed to the little FotoFly Santa area, and then they took us back for the Santa transformation! :)

Again.. I don't know if my amazing husband is doing this merely out of appeasing me, or because he's just as excited as I am, but I would never know! He's so wonderful and supportive and we had a WONDERFUL time!!
Here are some of the final pictures!! I just LOVE them!
After the pictures, Scarlet got to go meet the real Santa!! He was such a great patient guy, but I still don't blame Scarlet's reaction. It is just a strange guy in a crazy costume after all, I don't know why I'm anymore okay letting her sit on his lap then some other stranger's I've never met! Ha!
She super dug the candy cane though! So it was a pretty successful night all in all!
Now.. what's next.. Christmas lights?.. or the tree.. such wonderfully tough decisions..! :)

3 comments:

DiCollard said...

Stacey,you are the coolest! I've been loving your story here! Sooo glad I know you guys! Love ya, Di

DiCollard said...

I love your videos on YouTube! So awesome! Never knew you two were so talented!!!

Unknown said...

SOOO HAPPY to see there is someone who gets as EXCITED about Christmas as I do. LOVE IT