Yep! That's her! Our favorite little cutie girl! It's still amazing to me that she's ours. Just a perfect mix of sweetness, sass, and silliness. Surprising us everyday with new faces, actions and words. It's incredible we can get anything done with her around! And with cheeks like those, it's amazing she hasn't already been gobbled up!!
With her BIRTHDAY (What!?!?) fast approaching, we decided to get some pictures done so we could always remember this perfect cutie girl exactly how she is. Who know's these may really come in handy during her teenage years.. :)
We thought it would be fitting, with it being for the celebration of her first birthday and all, that we let her dive into a cake during the photo shoot and really catch the moment on film.
Now. I am no cake maker. I have a friend who's INCREDIBLE! Share's Cake Creations, yeah you should check her out. AWESOME! Anyway, again, I'm NO cake maker. But I really have been feeling kinda crafty lately and so some weird part of my brain kept whispering, 'come on, it's just a cake, you can do it!' And it must've whispered loud and long enough because a few weeks ago I found myself on Amazon filling my cart with cake decorating must-haves explaining to Brandon, 'How hard can it be? This is an investment!' PpppHhhhAaaaaaa!!!!
Luckily, after some desperate phone calls for advice to both my AMAZING cake decorating friend, and my sister, I gathered enough tips and suggestions to create something useable!! YAY!! And though I probably will never be able to use the Professional Cake Decorator title, I think I may be able to stand by my words that those supplies were an investment! That was FUN!! Yeah.. definitely have to swallow the first part though, people that can just whip out cakes are incredible!
Things started a little rough..
But turned out!! I saw these flowers made from Fruit Roll Ups on Pintrest and couldn't wait to try them! Scarlet had fun too!!!Thank you again to Sharen and Amy for all your awesome tips and support! Sharen.. do you give classes? :)
1 comment:
So stinking cute! The cake is amazing!!!
Post a Comment