Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter and One Growing Girl

This weekend was... amazing.

It was spent celebrating and reflecting the wonderful plan of our Savior, his amazing sacrifice and resurrection. We spent so much fabulous time with perfect family! We ate delicious food, and had amazing Easter Egg Hunts that sent us home with WAAAY too many treats and even some fun money for date nights and to feed Scarlet's 'piggy'.
Days like today are just SO wonderful!! I don't know how many times I've caught myself just breathing deeply, soaking in the sheer amazingness that is this life and all my incredible blessings. To know I'm going to be able to spend forever with such unbelievable, amazing people, is just so unfathomably wonderful. What a wonderful, beautiful, humbling, perfect day this has been.
We also spend a whole lot of time this weekend finishing up a project that has been a.. VERY long process. To say the least. It's been a NIGHTMARE!! The dejunking, the cleaning out, the organizing, the demoing, decision making, reconstructing.. the EMOTIONS!! Definitely the hardest part of home remodel we've done thus far. We finally finished Scarlet's Big Girl Room!!!

Before:
yikes!! I know!! It's been our office/craft/junk room for the past almost 7 years!! And this past year it got especially messy being designated as the drop off zone or 'figure out where to put it later pile' during the remodel.

After: (and the reveal)


We still have a little bit of decorating to do (story of our whole house!) but we're so excited that she's finally moved in and so excited to call it her own. Now we feel more ready for this little guy and hopefully we can turn her old nursery into his new room before he gets here.

The completion of this room marks the END of our major renovations so you'd think we'd be pretty stoked to finish it up, but we really had a hard time finding the motivation to get this done! I can't believe our little baby is SUCH a little girl now. It's be so sad thinking about her growing up and getting older, and even though every day holds such wonderful new happinesses and memories, it breaks my heart to realized that those days are going so quickly!! I love my little Scarbug more then words, and big girl bed or not, she will always be my beautiful little sweetheart.

PS - first night in a big girl bed, so far incredibly, it's been a success!! :)

3 comments:

Jon said...

Oh goodness! That's adorable. Love the paint, the carpet, the curtains, the ceiling fan - the whole thing! Especially love Scar - she's so sweet!!

Glad it's done and off your plate - and that she stayed in bed.

Love you guys.

Amy Miller said...

Haha. That was me, not Jon - but I'm sure Jon would have said the EXACT same thing. :)

KColton said...

SO CUTE! I love when she said, "Is it coronation day?" haha